From Toronto: Distance is 302km or approx 3.5 hours driving
- Take highway 401 (east or west) to highway 400
- Go north on highway 400 towards Barrie
- At Barrie, follow signs for highway 11 north to North Bay. Continue on highway 11 north past Huntsville to the town of South River.
- Look for Boundary/Mountainview Rd Exit 282
- Take this exit 2.5 km towards South River
- Turn left onto Highway 124 (old Hwy 11) at the intersection beside the new high school (on your right) and follow for 2.5km
At South River:
- Turn right on Ottawa Avenue
- Follow Ottawa Avenue east out of town. It will bend a number of times and you will travel past Swift Canoes, Tracs Outfitters and eventually over a bridge.
- Once over the bridge, follow the road approximately 25-30 minutes
- You will pass a few intersections including a road with a sign to Project Dare/Keep going straight! This road takes you straight to our office at the Algonquin Park Access Point # 1 parking lot.
From Ottawa: Distance is 430km or approx 5 hours driving
- Take highway 17 west to North Bay.
- Travel south on highway 11 to the town of Trout Creek
At Trout Creek:
- Make a left at the General Store on Main St (going east).
- Follow this road east of town; up a hill 1 km to Forestry rd. Turn right
- Follow Forestry Rd about 11km to the first Y junction – stay right
- At the second Y Junction 500 metres later, stay left. Continue driving past Wendigo Lake/Projectg Dare and you will arrive at T junction and a stop signTurn left – This road takes you straight to our office at the Algonquin Park Access Point # 1 parking lot.
GPS reference is 45.923028,-79.181879
If you run into any problems, get lost, etc. please call the Voyageur Outfitting at 416-486-3605