To explore by canoe is to be Canadian
“Wherever there is a channel for water, there is a road for the canoe.” – Henry David Thoreau
At Voyageur Outfitting, we believe that the best kind of adventure is one by canoe. Designed and paddled by Indigenous peoples, it was used by the first Canadian explorers as an essential part of life and work. We honour the original voyageurs of the park, the Algonquin people, by continuing their tradition of navigating the park’s waterways.
Canoeing allows us to explore the land we call home. With nothing but our paddles and the bare essentials, we can experience nature without the distractions of daily living. A canoe trip is a uniquely Canadian challenge, building strength of character with each new quest. Out in the vast Canadian wilderness, you can feel free like never before as you experience the joys of hard and pure living. After the exhilarating and unpredictable challenge of a canoe trip, we can return to life at home with resiliency.
The Canoe Culture Campaign
VO is proud of our role in helping today’s explorers set out to forge their own path. That is why we are partnering with the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation this year to celebrate Canadian canoe culture and support adventure in Algonquin Park. The documentary by Goh Iromoto created for this campaign illustrates how the canoe trip is a quintessential Canadian voyage. No matter what you are looking for, you can find it out in the canoe, undertaking a new journey in the water of Algonquin. #paddleON
Let us help you plan your next epic canoe trip.
- Looking for gear? We’ve got you covered with our Algonquin Complete Canoe Trip Outfitting Package, or go freestyle and rent according to your needs.
- Treat yourself pre- and post-trip with a stay at our scenic Lakeside cabin and a meal at our licensed Broke Paddle Patio at Algonquin Park Access Point #1.
- Looking for a canoe to own? Check out our used canoes for sale.
- Don’t have a car? No worries – book our Park Bus that runs every weekend starting May 19, or check out the Northland Algonquin Bus and VQ Shuttle Service that runs every day of the year!
- Looking for a guided canoe trip? Head over to our VQ website for tons of options.