Driving Directions DIRECT to Voyageur Quest Canoe Outpost
OVERNIGHT CABINS at ALGONQUIN PARK ACCESS # 1
Please use these if you plan on arriving AFTER 4:30 pm
From Toronto: Distance is 302km or approximately 3 ½ hours driving
- Take highway 401 (east or west) to highway 400
- Go north on highway 400 towards Barrie
- At Barrie, follow signs for highway 11 north to North Bay. Continue on highway 11 north past Huntsville to the town of South River.
From Ottawa: Distance is 430km or approximately 5 hours driving
- Take highway 17 west to North Bay.
- Travel south on highway 11 to the town of South River
At South River:
- Turn onto on Ottawa Avenue (right turn from Toronto, left turn from North Bay)
- Follow Ottawa Avenue east out of town. It will bend a number of times and you will travel past Swift Canoes, Tracs Outfitters and eventually over a bridge.
- Once over the bridge, follow the road approximately 25-30 minutes (about 25- 30km).
- You will pass a few intersections including a road with a sign to Project Dare/ Keep going straight! This road takes you straight to the Algonquin Park Access Point # 1 parking lot. (There are washrooms at the access point)
- Right before reaching the Access Point parking lot, veer right continuing along road.
- You will drive about 1 km up a large hill and down the hill. At the bottom of this hill you will see a lakeside road join the main cottage road (on your left).
- Turn left onto the lakeside road.
- You will see signs for Voyageur Quest immediately on your right – by the lake.
- You can park your car alongside the road – tight to the trees starting at the widest part of the road
- There are two buildings you may be staying at for overnight accommodation. The large building, the bunkhouse, closer to the road has 4 rooms in it. The Lakeview is at the waters edge. You will find your name attached to the room door you are staying in for the evening.
GPS reference is 45.9163,-79.1867
Please check in at the Voyageur Outfitting store/ office located at the Algonquin Park access point
# 1 – just 1 km away. . To get there, drive back toward town , up and over the big hill . About
600m down the road is the Algonquin access point parking lot – on your right. The office is at the
far end (east) of the parking lot.